This Page

has been moved to new address

Royal Heiress: Interview

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Royal Heiress: Interview

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

March 2, 2011

Royal Heiress: Interview



Princess #2 is Alisa Hope Wagner.

Alisa proudly wears the righteousness of Christ through her faith in Jesus’ sacrifice for her sins. By grace she received the gift of the Holy Spirit, and He and the power of God’s Word guide her life and writing. Alisa and her husband, Daniel, have three amazing children, whom they homeschool. Alisa’s identical twin-sister, Crissy, is her ministry help-mate, doing all aspects of ministry that writers are usually horrible at.

Heiress: I am super excited to begin, so Alisa please tell us three things that most people don't know about you.

Alisa: I didn't become an avid reader until my mid-twenties. The career test I took in college suggested that I be a park ranger. I hate talking on the phone.

Heiress: A park ranger huh? That's funny. Well I'm glad you decided to become a writer instead. So, I know that you're an accomplished writer, but for those who don't, can you share with us some of the publications you've written for?

Alisa: Michael Hyatt's blog, Internet Cafe, (In)Courage, The Right to God, Exemplify, Ruby for Women, Granola Bar Devotionals, Sanctified Together Publication, Glo Magazine, A Woman Inspired (audio), Moments of Peace (audio), Padre Island Moon and The Galveston Daily News.

Heiress: Wow! Not only have you written for those publications, but you have both your Bachelors and Masters Degrees in English. That's impressive. Where do you find inspiration for your writing?

Alisa: My main muse is the Holy Spirit and the Bible, but I also find inspiration in other Christian leaders, my family, my friends, Christian music and anything else with the imprint of God.

Heiress: Speaking of Christian leaders, are there any that you just love and have to read their books?

Alisa: God brings Christian leaders to me, and they become my mentor through their books. I will read several of one author's books in a row, until I feel like I've gleaned much of his/her insight. My list of mentors is long, but it includes Joyce Meyer, T.D. Jakes, Francis Chan, John Piper, Dr. Myles Munroe, C.S. Lewis, Dr. David Cho, Mark Batterson, Joseph Prince, Gene Edwards, Derek Prince, John Bevere, Billy Graham, Bruce Wilkinson, Jentezen Franklin, John Maxwell, Charles Swindoll and (my pastor) Bil Cornelius.

Heiress: Yeah, that is an extensive list, but there are several that you named that I love too. For instance, Joyce Meyer always tops my list. I love her! I also enjoy listening to TD Jakes and we just featured one of Bruce Wilkinson's books on the Royal Heiress blog. I'll have to make an effort to get books by some of the other authors you named. It's great to know that you pastor is also your mentor. What church do you attend?

Alisa: I attend the fabulous Bay Area Fellowship in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Heiress: Texas huh? They say everything is bigger in Texas so what big upcoming projects do you have in place?

Alisa: I'm seeking publication for my first novel, Eve of Awakening, so my twin-sister and I are making preparations.

Heiress: Wow, that is big! That is a huge deal, and we will be looking forward to the release of that. So as an author, what do you hope people gain from reading your blog and/or devotionals?

Alisa: My desire is that people will experience a well-spring of God's Spirit that draws them closer to their creator.

Heiress: I can relate to your blog post titled "First Step Out of Fear" the most. Like you, I didn't know why I began writing or even what I would write about. Now that I've been writing for sometime I've finally found my "blogging voice." What advice would you give to someone wanting to write a book or blog?

Alisa: Don't be like everyone else -- that role has already been filled. God wants to do something new in and through you, so listen intently for God's voice and follow obediently to His plan for your life.

Heiress: When you said that I immediately thought of the 96 Psalms the first verse. It says "sing unto the Lord a new song..." Don't be afraid to do something new. Don't be afraid to sing a new song; don't be afraid to write a new blog; don't be afraid to pray for new (different) things. I really like that advice. So what is your favorite Bible verse?

Alisa: My favorite verse changes with the season I'm in, but right now I'm clinging onto Proverbs 13.12 (NIV): "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." Jesus is the Tree of Life; once we cling to Him, our heart's desires become reality.

Heiress: Oh wow, Proverbs is my favorite book of the Bible. Is there anything else that you would like to share with us?

Alisa: I think many Christians know that Jesus is the answer; however, I believe many Christians don't know why He is the answer. The world wants to know why we need Jesus. Here is my why: God created a perfect world and perfect people, but He gave us free-will to obey Him or not. The ungodly choices we make with our free-will corrupted God's perfect design. Our sin separated us from God, and we are unable to spend eternity with Him because we can't achieve righteousness on our own. However, we are able to gain righteousness by faith when we accept Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for our sins. Jesus took our sin and separation from God, so we could commune with our perfect Creator in heaven. We cannot gain righteousness without Jesus; therefore, we can not go to heaven unless we are saved by grace through Jesus.

Heiress: Yes, I agree. I probably couldn't write it as eloquently as you though. Ok, so here is the game that I like to play with everyone. I'm going to name two things and I would like you to pick which one you like the best and explain. First up...Paula White or Joyce Meyer- even though we know the answer already.

Alisa: Joyce Meyer was one of my first mentors.

Heiress: Esther or Ruth.

Alisa: Ruth is my favorite. I wrote an exegesis about her and Boaz on the threshing floor ;-)

Heiress: Women's Conferences: Speaking or Attending

Alisa: I like attending them, but if God leads, I would also speak.

Heiress: Praise Music or Worship Music

Alisa: I love both genres of music.

Heiress: The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman or The DNA of Relationships by Gary Smalley.

Alisa: I recommend The 5 Love Languages to all my friends!

Heiress: Thank you Alisa for your time, and for agreeing to do this interview.

Alisa: Thank you, Marletha! It was a pleasure.

You can also read the interview at Royal Heiress!


Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Hello Jessica Lynn said...

It is SO important for God to lead us in everything we do and for us to stay close to Him!!

Happy Wednesday!! I am blog hopping today and decided to stop by your blog.

Please stop by and say hello and even become a follower (if you aren't already) at either of my blogs:

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about life and family at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Have a blessed Wednesday!! :0)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Alisa, such a joy to get to know you a bit more. THe more I read, the more I am drawn to your blog, your life, your passion, our Jesus.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if in blog land we could sit down and have a cup of coffee together? I totally would invite you over, sit down and enjoy.

Keep posting, Keep writing. Keep being inspired by the Holy Spirit. He rocks through you.

Be blessed bunches,
Sarah

2:08 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I enjoyed learning more about you, Alisa--both here and on the other blog. You've got some great writing credentials, so I'm glad you skipped the whole park ranger thing :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Bernadine said...

I enjoyed the interview Alisa. I love that you said

"Don't be like everyone else -- that role has already been filled. God wants to do something new in and through you,"

9:17 PM  
Blogger Amydeanne said...

haha I crack me up.. I thought it was you than I got confused lol.. so scratch my first comment lol
thanks for sharing more about yourself Alisa! lol (yes I easily confuse lol)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Jeanette Levellie said...

What a great interview--it's fun to get a deeper glimpse into your heart, Alisa! I, too, love the teachers you consider mentors.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Such a joy reading this, Alisa. So fun to learn a little more about you. Did you know that Heiress interviewed me, too?

Heiress: Who is one of your favorite bloggers?

Me: That would have to be Alisa Hope Wagner. She is consistently fresh, inspiring, and thought-provoking. I can hardly wait for the publication of her first book!

Keep up your very good work, my friend. God uses you mightily - and I, for one, love YOUR voice in His world!

GOD BLESS!

8:35 PM  
Blogger God Is Enthralled By Your Beauty said...

Wow!!! The powerful gifts of God that are pouring out of you is so encouraging and I am so glad I can celebrate you!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! The insight that you have received from the Lord is so incredibly powerful. Such a great interview..great questions...I learned a lot about you...and I'm so excited about your book!!!
You are lovely!!
Teresa

11:50 PM  
Blogger Toyin O. said...

Wow, what an amazing interview, I did not know you are such an accomplished writer Alisa; it was great getting to know all this stuff about you:) I love Billy Graham too, what a great man of God.

1:07 PM  
Blogger JT said...

I enjoyed reading your latest post. Billy Graham is my inspiration. May God Bless You.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Alisa -

I enjoyed learning more about you. Many of your mentors have also blessed my life.

Thanks for your meaty devotionals. Someday, you'll be on someone's mentor list. :)

Blessings,
Susan

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. - I really want a twin sister! Of course, I'd settle for a sister!

I love the 5 love languages - but it goes great (like a twin) with Don and Katie Fortune's Spiritual Gift books!

I found that those college career tests can be manipulated - by what we want to do at the moment, family pressures on what they want us to do. It is not until we truly understand ourselves that those tests have merit - but by then we don't need them - :) Mine had me as a nurse (guess what my family wanted me to do) - but I always wanted to write! Always! Always! Always! I just wish that I been mentored to find out what God wanted me to write at that age:)

Wonderful interview! Looking forward to your book!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. - I really want a twin sister! Of course, I'd settle for a sister!

I love the 5 love languages - but it goes great (like a twin) with Don and Katie Fortune's Spiritual Gift books!

I found that those college career tests can be manipulated - by what we want to do at the moment, family pressures on what they want us to do. It is not until we truly understand ourselves that those tests have merit - but by then we don't need them - :) Mine had me as a nurse (guess what my family wanted me to do) - but I always wanted to write! Always! Always! Always! I just wish that I been mentored to find out what God wanted me to write at that age:)

Wonderful interview! Looking forward to your book!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a nice visit! I hope you will appear on video where you can connect with even more people, Alisa!

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home