This Page

has been moved to new address

In Courage: The Gift of Contentment

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: In Courage: The Gift of Contentment

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

December 28, 2010

In Courage: The Gift of Contentment

I have a guest post on (In) Courage today! It is an article that helped me become a better wife and mother! I pray it blesses you.

The Gift of Contentment

We were at the beach, and my oldest son was collecting seashells. I asked him what he was going to do with all of them. He said he was going to make a necklace for a special girl. I thought of all the little girls in his circle of friends, and one in particular came to mind. I asked, “Does her name start with a C ?”

He said, “No, her name starts with an L .”

I went through the short list of little girl L names I knew, even mentioning some of the mommies with L names. But with a smile, he said no to each one. Then I thought of my name. Although my name is Alisa (uh-lĭs-uh), my husband usually takes out the beginning A and calls me (lĭs-uh).

I called my son close to me and whispered in his ear, “Is it lĭs-uh ?” He smiled and blushed and nodded his head yes. I gave him a big hug, and all that day I felt like a treasure. My son may have confused my name, but it didn’t affect how I felt about his eagerness to bless me.

Isn’t it beautiful how the love we have will overlook the small mistakes and focus on the show of devotion?

You can read the rest at (In) Courage here.


Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Leah Adams said...

Will head on over to inCourage and read the rest of this. thanks for letting us know.

Leah

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I need to be reminded of this verse! Over and over, it seems

9:28 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Gentle reminders of the love of God is good for the soul...That verse is one of my favorite........ It seems to bring me back to the place where we must understand that this is not our home and to get too comfortable here is dangerous....... contentment.. something that we must reach for..

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Contentment is such a difficult feeling to attain AND maintain. Especially in a culture whose message is "More, more, more...!" What a lovely gift your son gave to you. Not the necklace - his heart.

One line you said really hit me - "Isn't it beautiful how the love we have will overlook the small mistakes and focus on the show of devotion?"

It occurred to me that the same thing could be said of God concerning us. He delights when we show Him our devotion - and He forgives the many ways we make mistakes.

Your heart of joy at your son's gift was just a "taste" of God's joy when we accept His gift of salvation. And every time we demonstrate our love for Him, every time we show Him how devoted we are, I believe He SMILES!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

GOD BLESS!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Together We Save said...

Thank you for sharing this!!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Ginger said...

I just love this post! Priceless.

Thanks,
Alisa

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Renee Ann said...

Love this post! . . . Since before I became a Christian, I have had a tendency to view God as fairly reluctant to make me happy. It was sometimes difficult to imagine He could forgive my sinful acts and bless me in spite of my sinful nature.

Then I became buddies with my little great-niece. She would run into my arms and follow me around and make me feel treasured. I found myself thinking up special gifts and activities for her simply because I wanted to please her, and in spite of her bad moods or whining. The way I love her has helped me to see God as the One who delights in me--just because I'm His child and in spite of my sin.

What a blessing your little boy is in your life! Thanks for sharing this!

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Ginger said...

Ugh excuse the comma. Looks like I signed that... Ha!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

All day long I've been singing:

Jesus You're the center of my joy
All that's good and perfect
Comes from You
You're the heart of my contentment
Hope for all I do
Jesus You're the center of my joy

I need reminded often. Your post was the confirmation I needed to see how important contentment is to my joy.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Alisa -

Aww, what a heartwarming story!

We're so geared to meeting goals that we sometimes forget to enjoy God's blessings.

Blessings,
Susan :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger The Unknowngnome said...

I remember this post from an earlier time and it still rings the truth. 'Lisha, I continue to listen.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

My hubby calls me Lissa, short for Melissa...love your post!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Braley Mama said...

super sweet!
Praying for your family to have a blessed NEw Year!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Katie Bulmer said...

Found you on encourage. Cool site!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Warren Baldwin said...

Linked and read. Very good - spiritual and practical.

I'm havinga series of guest writers on the theme of marriage this year. I'd be glad to have you write one. If you can use this one again that'd be great (and if you want to).

Warren

5:44 PM  
Blogger Walk In Truth said...

Hi Alisa,

Thank you for sharing this story it made me smile. what a special moment between you and your son, so precious.

God bless You

1:29 AM  
Blogger Just Be Real said...

Alisa, just came back from reading your post in its entirety. So beautifully written. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year and blessings.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Toyin O. said...

What a sweet boy you have Alisa; God bless his precious heart. Happy New Year:)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

How sweet! It is moments like that when we realize how great life is.
Wishing you all the best in 2011.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Sunny Shell said...

I can't believe I missed this! I'm gonna go and check it out now! :)

Bless you dear sister!
Sunny

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home