This Page

has been moved to new address

Sitting with God: A 40 Day Meditation

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Sitting with God: A 40 Day Meditation

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

February 3, 2010

Sitting with God: A 40 Day Meditation

Follow this link for your free copy of -
Sitting with God: A 40 Day Meditation

This ebook is my best Faith Imagined articles of 2009.



Proverbs 2.1-8 (NLT)

My Child, listen to what I say,
and treasure my commands.
Tune your ears to wisdom,
and concentrate on understanding.
Cry out for insight,
and ask for understanding.
Search for them as you would for silver;
seek them like hidden treasures.
Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord,
and you will gain knowledge of God.
For the Lord grants wisdom!
From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest.
He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.
He guards the paths of the just
and protects those who are faithful to him.


If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior and have asked Him into your heart, God has put His Holy Spirit within you (Acts 5.32). The Holy Spirit desires to give each of you godly insight, understanding and wisdom. God wants to teach you and guide you into a path of righteousness (Psalm 23.3).

But you might ask, “How can I gain this wisdom? How can I become a student of the Holy Spirit?” According to Proverbs 2.3-4 (NLT), all you have to do is ask and seek for it, and the Lord will grant your request!

Gaining wisdom and understanding can become a daily part of your everyday life. If you are open to the Holy Spirit’s teaching, He will provide “Holy Lessons” for you throughout your normal day. God is not tight-fisted with His insights; rather, He is generous to those who are faithful to Him: “But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him” (James 1.5 NASB).

Sitting with God: A 40 Day Meditation is a compilation of Christian devotionals that seek to know God more intimately through a lifestyle of meditation on God’s Word. In this book, you will see the Holy Spirit using average experiences and circumstances to teach godly insights that are biblically rooted.

My prayer for this book is that it provides you with an example of how to “tune your ears to wisdom.” I am merely an imperfect Christian woman who yearns to “cry out for insight” about a perfect God. Please join me on my quest to find “hidden treasures” of God’s truth!


Feel free to share this ebook.






Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, thank you so much for this! I've browsed through it and it looks wonderful!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca

4:33 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey cool! I don't know how you find the time to do so much :) I've browsed and saved... it looks great. Thanks!

5:21 PM  
Blogger strokeofliving said...

I am so proud of you for writing this meditation practice Alisa. Thank you! Can't wait to read it, meditate, communicate with the almighty via this publication and share it with others.

I've been going through it. I'm sure this will be beneficial.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Bernadine said...

Oh thank you Alisa, I browsed though and it has some of my favorite articles I've read on your site.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Kristen Torres-Toro said...

This is awesome! Thanks, Alisa! This looks great!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Awesome Alisa! I've got it downloaded and can't wait to find some time to read it!

Have a great week!
Karen

8:04 PM  
Blogger B His Girl said...

I read several of your devotions. Very Nice. Thank you for sharing your journey. I could relate to many of the things God showed you. Funny how that happens to most of us! b

8:05 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Ooh. Thank you for this!!

Thank you too, for your kind words about my songs. :D

Blessings to you!

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information
I'll pass it on

God bless you, Ron

7:20 AM  
Blogger alicia said...

What a beautiful book of treasures! I will pass it on. Thank you!
(I have a giveaway going on at my place...100 things!)

8:34 AM  
Blogger Karen Lange said...

Thank you! Will hop over and check it out:)
Blessings,
Karen

8:42 AM  
Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

This is book sounds great, and yes how do you have time
kim

10:22 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! Once again, we have been on the same topic - I was just talking to God about how grateful I am that he gives us wisdom if we seek him and ask for it. Going to download the ebook now! :)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Sierra said...

Sounds like a great book, will certainly check it out and need to grow in wisdom! :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Now that I have read about 5 of these great articles. Can I just post about it and link to your site to get their free copy? It is inspiring.
kim

2:43 PM  
Blogger Deborah Ann said...

Alisa, thank you!!! I love your devotionals. I'm going to read one of these each morning. God has given you SOME gift in your writing! I'm in awe...

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home