This Page

has been moved to new address

Santified Together Publication - Issue 1: Belt of Truth

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Santified Together Publication - Issue 1: Belt of Truth

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

January 11, 2010

Santified Together Publication - Issue 1: Belt of Truth

The first quarterly issue of Sanctified Together Publication is out! Awesome writers from all over submitted articles for the publication! Our prayer is that you are encouraged, inspired and blessed by the words of the women who imparted their God-given wisdom! Please share it with all the women in your life!!!

To see the Sanctified Together Publication online and read all the inspiring articles, click here. To receive future publications by email, click here. To learn how to submit an article for the next publication, Life is a Vapor, click here.

A Word from the Editor

"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist . . ." (Ephesians 6:14a NIV).

In Ephesians, Paul tells us to stand firm in our battle with the spiritual forces of evil. He then empowers us with a list of spiritual battle gear that enable us to stand firm. The Belt of Truth is the first Armor of God that Paul describes. Why is this belt or girdle so important? It doesn't seem as spectacular as the other battle gear -- breastplate, shield or helmet.

The belt is essential to the fit of the entire Armor of God. The belt strengthens and holds together all of the wearers personal clothing, so that each piece of the armor fits the body perfectly.

In this life, we have two outfits: We have our personal clothing (our sinful flesh) and we have God's armor (God's redemptive covering through Jesus Christ). Our personal clothing has a lot of threadbare parts due to our weaknesses and a lot of flaps and folds due to our extravagant sinfulness. We need the Belt of Truth to be wrapped around us to protect our weakness and contain our sinfulness; otherwise, the Armor of God can not be as effective and powerful as it was designed to be.

How do we put on the Belt of Truth? We must let go of trying to look perfect and trying to act like we have no weakness or sin. We must let go of our pretenses and (like the photo above) let it all hang out! We will never be perfect, and there is no need to act like we have it all together.

The articles in this issue are about being transparent to God and honest with ourselves and others. They are about setting aside masks and being truthful about who we are in Christ. Our God has a great plan for us, and He loves us just as we are -- failures and all! So let the world know that you are not perfect, and put on the Belt of Truth! You'll need it. There is a battle raging, and God has armor for you that is just your size!


Blessings to ya!

Alisa Hope Wagner
Chief Editor
Christina Lea Ketchum
Design & Marketing



Download your FREE copy of Sitting with God: A 40 Day Meditation

First Friday Fiction

Labels: , , ,

27 Comments:

Blogger lori said...

Girl...I didn't know that you and your sis were teaming up...AMAZING stuff~ what a blessing!

The Belt of Truth! This is fantabulous!Letting it all hang out...what a novel idea! He already knows the flaws anyway....

Have we told you lately what a blessing you've been at the Cafe? Well, you have!

peace!
lori

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori,

You and the Internet Cafe team have blessed me! You gave me a chance and encouraged me in my writing.

I always look forward to reading and writing at the Cafe! I have to get my spiritual caffeine fix!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Life Laugh Latte said...

Somehow whenever I fill in at church I end up with the rowdy boys. Maybe it is because I just love them. Anyhoo...many times when the very structured plan has not been received well we have taken the markers and stuck them end to end to create our swords. Then we battle it out reciting the Armour of God. Good stuff I tell you...even if the girl's tables give us the stink eye:) Holly

1:40 PM  
Blogger Braley Mama said...

"We will never be perfect, and there is no need to act like we have it all together."
I love how you put that. Thanks for being such an encourager. The Lord has really given you a talent with words.
God bless you this week!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Hey, Alisa! Definitely going to check it out!!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Beth Herring said...

Anything that you have a hand in has got to be awesome!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Deborah Ann said...

Heading there now...

4:03 PM  
Blogger elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I need a large belt, both in the flesh and in the Spirit! So glad my God is holding me all together with his solid truth.

Thanks for visiting the blog. You are always welcome there.

peace~elaine

5:18 PM  
Blogger Karen Lange said...

Thanks for the links! Good stuff:)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Just finished browsing issue #1...great words in there...you have a winner...totallly blessed and going back for seconds....

7:40 PM  
Blogger Bernadine said...

Congratulations on getting out issue #1 it is well worth the wait!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Can't wait to read all of Issue #1! :)

11:28 PM  
Blogger Jeanette Levellie said...

Congratulations on this beautiful new baby! May God use it to lead many closer to His throne,
Jen
Audience of ONE

11:07 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Just found your wonderful new blog and magazine. Sounds like it will be just what women need. How true that we don't need to hide our flaws. They show anyway.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Eileen Astels Watson said...

Awesome post! Thanks for this. I'm far from perfect, nice to know that being me is God pleasing, faults and all!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love putting on the armor of God every morning!! It's so crucial to know the Truth and be clothed with the right gear for battle. I'd love for you to head over to my blog and check out my post entitled, 'New Clothes' - God bless!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Love the publication!!! I'm so blown away and blessed that I get to be a part of! Wow! Great vision from the Lord to both you and your sister! Thank you for walking in obedience to do His will!
Love ya!
Teresa

9:55 PM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Which clothes will you wear?
The royal robes of Christ or
those that are threadbare?

6:46 AM  
Blogger ~*Michelle*~ said...

Can't wait to dive deep into Issue #1!! How exciting!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Bina said...

I love this...and YOU, my friend, are one of my happy makers today. Pop over if you get a minute!

:) Bina

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sierra said...

I received the issue and can't wait to read it more in depth - this is wonderful!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I am so impressed by your lessons, I needed it, I also need that belt of truth, etc.
kim

11:19 AM  
Blogger Alene said...

You are the BOMB girl!!! Thanks for all you do. You bless me. The magazine is amazing and so encouraging.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Corrie Howe said...

I've skimmed some of the articles. I'm planning on making your posts and the on-line publication a part of my devotional time. I want to spend time in the word, but also be encouraged by other pieces like this.

Thank you. Please pray that I can settle into a routine that works for me and my family.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Life Laugh Latte said...

I know I've already commented here...but I wanted to ask if you have time today if you would put a comment on our blog. It is a post I think you will really like, and it leads nicely into a specifically Christian reaction that I'd like my audience to read. Just if you have time. Holly

5:28 PM  
Blogger Racquel Simone said...

Alright! I signed up to receive by email. Excited! Blessings girlie!

~Racquel~

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first issue and here's wishing you many many more!

p.s. Love the bathing suit pic. Too cute.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home