This Page

has been moved to new address

Just a Slight Turn

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Just a Slight Turn

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

August 4, 2009

Just a Slight Turn

Why is it that women plan so much. God asks us to take a step of faith, and for some reason we plan an entire journey to go along with that one tiny step.

I've been very confused lately. God asked me to take a step of faith over a year ago, and I've mapped out my entire life in the direction of this step. Lately, however, I haven't had any clarity. The time is up for me to take the next several steps in the journey that I planned out, but God is not directing me in that path. I feel lost in a train station full of tracks that lead in different directions.

Finally, I begged God to help me. I told God that He had put me on a journey but has stopped leading me. And God told me, "I never told you to go on this journey. I simply asked you to take a step in that direction. I have another journey for you that is far better than what you could ever plan, so why don't you just give up planning your life altogether."

I was so excited because -- truth be told -- I was never very thrilled about the journey I had planned for myself. In fact, I hated the journey, but I just kept telling myself, "If God wants me there, then my happiness will be there too." But, no matter how much faith I had, I just couldn't find joy in the situation. God hadn't chosen that direction for me; of course, I couldn't find joy!

Now I am so pumped about the future. I have realized that there is absolutely NO WAY I could ever plan my life as well as the Master Planner. He has so many wonderful things in store for me and my family, and nothing I could imagine could ever come close. I am going to try very hard not to plan. I've learned that just because God has me take a step in one direction, it doesn't mean I know the rest of the journey. I know nothing compared to God. How could my extremely limited viewpoint ever plan further than one day?

I am so relieved that I don't have to plan. God has something so cool prepared for me, and I don't want to mess it all up! I just want to rest in the Lord and trust that He will guide each day's steps, which will eventually unfold into an AWESOME God-designed journey! Thank You, Lord, for teaching me to abide in You. Free me from the plans that weigh down my life and muck up my brain!


Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that
prevails. -Proverbs 19.21

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Alene said...

Hey girl -

WOW~I needed your post today. Thanks. Your words remind me of a saying a friend of mine has "When we plan, God cries!"

Blessings friend.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Searching for God in the everyday said...

This is beautiful. So often I get caught up in the planning and lose track of God. I am so uncomfortable in the not knowing yet God asks us to do just that. Ugh. I needed to hear your words today. The planning for my life has just fallen apart again and I am struggling to keep my head above water and understand God through it all. Thank you for sharing your insights and not keeping them to yourself.
Blessings,
Cory

3:16 PM  
Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

Amen sister!!!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Beth Herring said...

That is one of my favorite scriptures. I keep it on my refrigerator to remind me daily.

It's all about Him.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Another wonderful post by you. I love reading your writings. Keep writing for HIM.
Blessings,
Amy

9:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Just what I needed to be reminded of tonight...thanks for writing from your heart!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

You are right God is the master planner and we could never plan our life as well as he can. One day I will write about all that has taken place in my own life that I never would have accomplished on my own. Thanks for the reminder.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

You are on point.

God is the ultimate planner and he has everything under control. Kinda like a really good wedding planner - She takes care of things and makes things less stressful and easier for you so that you can focus on your big day.

May God be with you on your new path!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Shelby said...

Awesome post and something I've just begun learning. God has given me a general idea of the direction He wants me to be going in but no plan. So of course, I try to help Him out by planning it all myself but only getting lost. Yikes. So I finally understood that every time I take one tiny step that He calls me to, then I'm doing the journey to whatever the destination is, and I'm doing it His way.

How awesome is our Lord!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Sierra said...

Often I try to be the ultimate planner as well and get disappointed if things don't my way or how I expected. But you are so right, God knows our future and often reminds me that I need to be patient and that He knows what he is doing. I should take one day at a time.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Lamonica said...

Very good post. Many of us have a habit of making our own plans. When the things we planned for never happy we quickly become disappointed. It's true that the best thing to do is put your trust in God and have faith that his plan for is much better than what you had imagined for yourself. I enjoyed reading your post.

Stopping by from SITS

9:54 AM  
Blogger Deborah Ann said...

Well this is God. I was searching for this same directional leading, because I find myself being pressured to be in a ministry, but I have no joy. I thought like you did, if I just kept going, I would eventually understand God's plan, but the further I go, the more miserable and anxious I feel.

Thank you! I am so happy I took some time to read some of your older posts.

Blessings,
Debby

10:30 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Great post! I, too, just want to rest in the Lord knowing that He will guide me each and every step of the way. I try to be sensitive to the Lord's leading and take steps when I feel He is asking me to. Sometimes I don't always understand why He asks me to do some things, but I know that He has a plan even though I can't always see it.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home