This Page

has been moved to new address

What's Your Flavor?!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: What's Your Flavor?!

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

January 22, 2009

What's Your Flavor?!









I was reading in Matthew and a verse caught me by surprise. It's a verse I've heard a lot, but God showed me something totally different and very cool!

"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall
it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and
trampled underfoot by men" (Matt. 5.13 NKJV).

How would I lose my flavor? I asked myself. And the Holy Spirit whispered to me, "When you try to conform to everyone else, you lose your flavor." My mind came to a complete stop. I have a problem with trying to make sure that I make those around me feel comfortable.

I automatically survey my surroundings and change my flavor a tad just to make sure that I don't stick out too much or that my personality doesn't offend anyone. When I do this, however, I'm losing my individual flavor; and, according to scripture, I've lost my spice and should be thrown out!

God has blessed us each with our very own flavor!!! Some of us are spicy, buttery, herby, peppery, tangy, whatever! And our flavor will not suit everyone; but if we don't cultivate it, our flavor will not excite anyone either. I need to worry more about sharpening my flavor to match what God intended it to smell like and taste like instead of constantly trying to keep it low key so as not to be too distinct.

I now understand that many people will not want to add my flavor to their plate, but they can appreciate it for its unique blend. On the other hand, other people may get a whiff of my flavor and love it, wanting to sprinkle it all over their food. But whatever the case, I'm sure Jesus desires us to be a strong aroma, not a bland, tasteless substance. He created us to spice up His creation, not just to sit around, making no difference whatsoever!

So my challenge to myself is to be the flavor that God created me to be and not to judge others based on their flavor. I think we have become way too picky eaters and any flavor that doesn't suit our fancy we automatically label as gross. Not so! God created a smorgasbord of flavors and they are all tantalizing and wonderful!

So I say, "Find your flavor and saturate the world with it!"

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Shoot, I know what flower I am and now I have to come up with a spice too? Just kidding. This is so wonderful Alisa. Keep these great insights coming:)

3:05 PM  
Blogger DA Wagners said...

I think you're jasmine!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I'll take it!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

I think I am tabasco!

8:35 PM  
Blogger letitreign said...

I read this all the time and I don't think I ever leave a comment. But you know you so awesome and in everything you write I relate. I just want to ask for your prayers because sometimes I find myself a little lost or wondering if I have the strength to make it. I read your stuff and sometimes I re read it just to find some strength or wisdom for the day. So thanks for your help Alyssa.

4:55 PM  
Blogger DA Wagners said...

Your comment has blessed me, Valerie, and given me a feeling of purpose! I'll be praying. God always hovers over the chaos of our lives!

6:29 PM  
Blogger m said...

Hallelujah! That's the only thing I can say at the moment!

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home