This Page

has been moved to new address

Invincible in Love

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Invincible in Love

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

August 11, 2009

Invincible in Love

Boy Lessons - Part 2




Above is the a snapshot of my oldest boy, Isaac. My friend and I took our two oldest boys (both 5 years old) to an outdoor concert. They were both excited to go to an "adult concert," and my friend and I were excited to hang out and listen to music. There were a lot of kids at the concert (every kid got in free with an adult ticket), and most of the kids were playing in the grass by the stage.

There were kids of all ages, but our two boys were probably one of the youngest playing. I loved watching my boy play. He is in gymnastics, so he was doing lots of cartwheels, jumps and somersaults. Many times Isaac would run up to one of the other kids and ask him to watch him do a cartwheel, and the boy would either ignore him, watch and laugh at him or just laugh and walk away.

I had to analyze my feelings about Isaac's rejections. Of course, the mother in me wanted to give a lecture to all the boys, letting them know just how special my boy is. However, I realized that life is full of rejection. The world will always reject us, especially when we let our Jesus shine through us.

I watched Isaac to see if he was getting upset, but he never did. Whenever a boy would ignore him or laugh at him, he would just walk up to me and give me a hug or a kiss. He would allow me to love on him a little bit, and then he was ready to go try his hand at playing with the big boys again.

As I watched Isaac smiling and enjoying himself even after being laughed at and ignored, God gave me a little of His beautiful insight. God showed me that if I am continuously seeking Him and finding security in Him, I would never care what the world thought of me. If I daily allowed God to fill my heart to overflowing with His mercy and love, I would never feel depressed, insecure, unloved, vulnerable, deserted, ugly, ashamed or stupid. I wouldn't have those negative feelings because my feeling-capacity would be completely occupied with feeling loved!

The reason God wants us to put Him first in every aspect of our life is because He is the ONLY one who will NEVER reject us. Everyone -- EVERYONE -- will reject us sooner or later. God asks us to put Him first not for His benefit, but for our benefit. When we learn to put God first, we have the ability to be Invincible in His love. And the only way we can love Him more than anything is by continuously seeking Him, talking to Him, listening to Him, reading about Him, etc.

Like any relationship, it takes time to forge intimacy. But God is such a gentleman. He waits on us. He never pushes us. And He always seeks us out even though we constantly reject Him. And if we are still completely lost on how to love Him; all we have to do is pray and ask God to help us, and He most definitely will! God only asks for our obedience; He will do the rest.

Therefore, whenever those negative feelings start creeping back, it is my cue to draw closer to God. I can find strength in Him, so I will be ready to play with the "big boys" again!

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song" (Psalm 28.7).

Boy Lessons - Part 1: Get Out the Way
Boy Lessons - Part 3: Abiding


Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle (hometc) said...

Hi there- stopping by from SITS. I liked your blog post. Divine love is the most powerful force in the universe and resides within us all :)

1:32 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I loved this!! The story of your son...the reminder to put our trust in the One who will never reject us...and our growing relationship with the Lord...great words for today!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

Such a relief to know that God will never reject us!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

This spoke so much to me Alisa. I've never felt so much rejection in my life as I have this last year. God keeps telling me to seek His approval, but I keep turning to the past friendships and get hurt. Thank you for this reminder that everyone will reject us as some point, but He never will. When I look at Jesus and what ultimate rejection he faced, how can I ever complain.

10:09 AM  
Blogger JaelCustomDesigns said...

* Visiting from SITS!

- Love your blog, now following.

Joshua 1:5
No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

This is a wonderful post. I had a similar incident with my son on the playground one day. I blogged about it too.

http://christianmommywriter.blogspot.com/2009/07/when-your-childs-feelings-are-hurt.html

I'm glad that your son didn't take it personally and that he knew he could run to you for comfort, just like we can do with God.

By the way, I loved the picture of your son flashing his "guns"! :-)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Sierra said...

This was a well needed read for me because I think this is my biggest struggle in life, is feeling rejected. Sometimes a friendship doesn't work out, or I relive the pain from my ex boyfriend. But then I remember that I am never alone and my heavenly Father will never abandon me. Thanks for this lovely post and how grand of your song to feel God's love this much too!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home