This Page

has been moved to new address

Granola Bar Devotional: Rebuke Me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Granola Bar Devotional: Rebuke Me

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

July 9, 2010

Granola Bar Devotional: Rebuke Me

Here is my newest Granola Bar Devotional. Go here to check out more!

Rebuke Me!

I was talking to my twin sister about a concern I had with a particular topic. She wisely told me that my opinion might be judgmental and that I should probably keep it to myself. I was upset at first because I thought, Surely, my opinion is godly and right. However, her loving rebuke stayed in my mind; and throughout the next several days, I came into contact with three different friends on separate occasions. This particular topic that my sister advised me on came up. Though my opinion popped into my head – and I still as of yet didn’t see a problem with it – I kept it to myself. During the conversation with each friend, I had a chance to voice my “godly and right” opinion, but I respected my sister’s judgment and I trusted her counsel. In retrospect, I realized that though my opinion was “right” for me, it wasn’t necessarily right for everyone. I discovered that I was transferring the Holy Spirit’s will towards my life onto others. What was a godly yoke for me, would have been a religious burden for my friends. I am so thankful that I listened to my sister, and I am proud of myself that I didn’t allow my feelings to get in the way of God’s protection. I will never be perfect, and I will always make mistakes. But I will continually be on the lookout for God’s reprimand because I know that He is trying to prepare me for victory ahead.

Memory Verse:
“The right word at the right time is like a custom-made piece of jewelry, and a wise friend's timely reprimand is like a gold ring slipped on your finger.”
- Proverbs 25.11 (The Message)

Prayer Prompt:
“Lord, I value Your rebuke, and I am honored that You would take time to teach me. Thank You for surrounding me with wise family and friends who are willing to speak Your truth into my life. Please help me to joyfully take reprimands because I know that they will make me wiser….”

Contributing Writer:
Alisa Hope Wagner



Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger MTJ said...

Hi Alisa,

Thank God for His love, grace and correction; I certainly need it. As an unfinished vessel, I want others to be patient with me, but I want to be patient with others too.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Enjoyed your thought provoking post!
I thank God always for His Love and His grace! Also for His correction even when this hurts!!
Blessings.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love this little piece of wisdom! Well said :)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Braley Mama said...

So good! I sometimes think, how can this person be doing this ore that, and be a Christian?
But we are all on a different walk.:O) This is a tough one for me sometimes.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Great wisdom and oh so timely! I'm going to let these words be God's vehicle to speak to me tonight!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

A very wise word...I wrestle with keeping my mouth shut sometimes...thanks for the reminder...to wait...

7:23 PM  
Blogger The Caffeinated Librarian said...

A very wise word. Thank the Lord we have fellow believers who will do the right thing in rebuking us when necessary! That rebuke, while hard to hear, has often saved me from making horrible missteps and hurting others. Thanks for sharing this post!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Just Be Real said...

This post made me smile. A post of so much wisdom. Thank you for sharing Alisa. Blessings.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Karen Lange said...

I can't tell you the number of times that I found it best to hold my tongue and stay silent...I practice this often, for it usually seems best. I am a work in progress in this, and many other areas:)
Blessings,
Karen

8:59 PM  
Blogger Glory to God said...

Receiving rebuke or correction is never comfortable. But true friendship comes from those that tell you what you need to hear out of love even at the expense of said friendship. Those are truly special!

Praise God for your sister!

10:59 PM  
Blogger From The Heart Online said...

Amen!! Praise God for true friends who love us enough to call us out! It IS like a gold ring!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I love the many and varied avenues our Lord chooses to speak to us. Great devotional post.
Lyn

3:07 AM  
Blogger Deborah Ann said...

Sis is very wise! I wish I would have had some godly counsel like that for all the times I opened my big mouth when I should have kept it shut. Hey, maybe she could host a blog for Christians sort of like Ann Landers? Where people could ask for advice? Nah, you guys are way too busy as is!

10:47 AM  
Blogger May said...

Praise God and thank you for this dose of everlasting wisdom. God bless.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I discovered that I was transferring the Holy Spirit’s will towards my life onto others. What was a godly yoke for me, would have been a religious burden for my friends" - the older I get (sigh!) - the more I see this and then it is so much easier to keep my mouth shut (which is a very difficult thing to do:)- I love how you put what I feel into words or show a different angle to an idea that I had not seen before:)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home