This Page

has been moved to new address

Ruby for Women Guest Post

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Ruby for Women Guest Post

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

May 20, 2010

Ruby for Women Guest Post

I'm a guest writer at Ruby For Women, edited by Nina Newton. This is an extensive site and magazine for women that offers yummy recipes, great craft ideas, devotionals and more. I would definitely check out the recipe for Hot Cross Buns. I'm eager to make them!

God-Confidence & God-Worth

I’ve always struggled with self-confidence. For much of my life, I allowed the Enemy’s arrows to strike through the heart of my self-worth and value. I thought I had to prove myself. I needed to be fit, smart, well-liked, productive and esteemed. When something in my life wasn’t going right, I would crumble into a big, mushy pile of insecurities. I would take my failings and wear them, unable to live in victory in any other areas of my life.

I couldn’t be a good example of a righteous child of God because I allowed my feelings to dictate who I was in Christ. I was like a ship on the waves, going back and forth depending on the external forces. Who in their right mind would want to emulate my insecurity-driven life? Shouldn’t Christians be brimming with confidence and worth because of the cross?

Finally, God brought me to a place in my life where He cut everything that I tied my self-worth and confidence to. I wallowed in my self-defeat, until I looked to God for help. I realized that I placed very little value on the fact that I am a child of God and placed great value in what the world deems as worthy. God showed me that when I form roots of self-worth to areas other than the Trinity, they become idols and distract me from loving Him most.

During that time, God helped me cultivate a single, strong root to Him. He became my self-worth and confidence. I am the daughter of the Most High, and He places great value and worth into me. I don’t need to prove my worth because Christ proved it on the cross. God has chosen me for a special purpose, and He provides me lots of grace to accomplish His will.

Now when the waves of this life knock me around, I don’t fall down in despair. I stand firm in God’s promises, and I claim unseen victory. I don’t bow down to the Enemy’s accusations. I only bow down to my Creator. All of my self-worth and confidence is wrapped up in Christ. I fear little else other than to lose His favor, His blessing, His smile. I no longer care about self-confidence or self-worth. All I want is God-confidence and God-worth.

“Or, you may fall on your knees and pray—to God’s delight!
You’ll see God’s smile and celebrate,
finding yourself set right with God.
You’ll sing God’s praises to everyone you meet,
testifying, ‘I messed up my life—
and let me tell you, it wasn’t worth it.
But God stepped in and saved me from certain death.
I’m alive again! Once more I see the light!’”

- Job 33.26-28 (The Message)


You can also read this article at Ruby for Women!


Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I commented over at Ruby for Women, but I'll just say that God has been using you this week to speak Truth to my heart.

Thanks so much for being a willing vessel.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

i will have to head over, I can totally relate!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Karen Lange said...

Thank you for the link; I'll hop over to see it shortly!
Blessings,
Karen

4:11 PM  
Blogger Beth Herring said...

I haven't ever seen that website - will head over there to finish reading your post.

You are always a blessing.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wonderful post, Alisa...thanks for the link to this new site...for me at least....

11:18 PM  
Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Love this post, great for all of us, need it.
kim

4:09 AM  
Blogger Sr. Ann Marie said...

Because I find your blog informative and inspiring, I'm awarding you the Sunshine Award. Please visit my blog to learn how to accept it.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Syrone said...

This is something that has hit very close to home. Thanks for sharing your heart.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Just a little something from Judy said...

I just spent the last 15 minutes reading through some of your blog posts, and I really enjoyed it. What a blessing and inspiration it has been. I look forward to coming back. God is using you in a special way, and it is exciting to see how He uses each one of us in His own unique and amazing ways. Thank you!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm heading over to the link now. Thank you for sharing this. I needed it.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Ic an so relate to the low self esteem thing. And yes, God made all the difference.

Many blessings,
Lyn

2:52 AM  
Blogger Randi Troxell said...

heading over now to check this site out...

and how true this post is.. i truly believe that God put my husband in my path... b/c before i bet him.. i struggled like you with MAJOR self doubt... but my husband encourages and lefts me up daily... i like to think of him as a gift from God!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home