This Page

has been moved to new address

Internet Cafe: Taste God’s Good

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Internet Cafe: Taste God’s Good

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

June 10, 2010

Internet Cafe: Taste God’s Good

My daughter is now 15 months old, and it seems that the third child grows way too quickly. She now says several words. One of her favorite words to say is “food.” Whatever I give her – oatmeal, a sandwich, chicken or a cookie – she calls it food.

I wanted to start distinguishing each food item, but I could tell that the advancement in communication would be too much for her. She just caught onto what “food” means, and I wouldn’t want to confuse her. Food is the stuff that she puts in her mouth when her tummy rumbles. That’s all she needs to know right now.

While watching my daughter eat, I thought of verse, “Taste and see that the LORD is good” (Psalm 34.8a NIV).There are so many goodnesses of God, and many times I never bother to distinguish them. I just call every aspect of His awesome character “good.” However, I do want to start recognizing the many qualities of His divine nature. I want to understand the taste of each blessing.

If God forgives me for a wrong that I continually commit, I want to claim His mercy. If God reveals something beautiful through me, I want to claim His glory. If God does the impossible in my life, I want to claim His grace. And if God redeems a wrong that has been forced on me, I want to claim His justice.

God does so many good things for me and through me every day, and I want to passionately point out each one and name it. I think if I can start recognizing the many flavors of His goodness, I will learn more about how amazing our God is. I want to taste each blessing and savor each flavor.

I desire to become a spiritual food connoisseur for God. How about you? What has God tasted like lately? Can you distinguish the many flavors of His goodness?

“Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good” (1 Peter 2.2-3 NIV).


You can also read this devotional at Internet Cafe!


Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Aww! I love when little kids just start talking!

A couple of years before my cousin went to preschool, we were in my grandparents yard blowing bubbles. I asked him, "Do you want me (pointing to myself) or you (pointing to him) to blow the bubbles?" and imediatly he chirped, "Me! (and pointed to myself) It was really cute!


Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

8:44 AM  
Blogger Randi Troxell said...

i love this- recognizing everything beautiful and good God does for us... what a grand idea...

in fact i think i might even start a little journal too...

bet it would open my eyes a bit and put everything into perspective!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Braley Mama said...

This is so true, I feel like when i am truly right with the Lord I really know Him and can see many sides to Him. When I am having a hard time keeping close to Him, He is just one Awesome untouchable God. Thanks for helping me see this!!!!!!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes such a great stage, when they start talking
kim

7:14 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

heading over!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Just Be Real said...

This was good. I too should at least start thinking about the good things that God does for me in any given day. Good point there. Blessings.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that verse, and the concept you've brought to my attention of recognizing each of the "good" things. There are so many and each are so different. Thanks for the reminder! I'm now a follower and I grabbed your button!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Glory to God said...

What I find interesting is that God's name is not just God, or the Lord God, or the Almighty God in the original manuscripts. His Name is very personal.

Just as you point out that there are so many goodnesses of God, it makes me think about how each of God's Names reflect how He is presenting Himself to us. Such as Deliver, Redeemer, Healer, Restorer, Savior, etc.

I like how you point out God's goodnesses are the same way. Thank you for sharing.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Shonda said...

Right on target. I love how we can learn more about our relationship with God by watching our children.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Amy Sullivan said...

I have a 16 month old and she calls every infant/child/little one "baby". So I immediately smiled when I read this!

What a great comparison...us labeling everything God does for us as "good". I usually don't say good, but I refer to everything as blessings. Thanks for encouraging me to get specific and truly name each and every "good" he "blesses" me with!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Beautiful thoughts, beautifully stated.

Like good food the LORD is truly good to me and good for me.

Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If God forgives me for a wrong that I continually commit, I want to claim His mercy. If God reveals something beautiful through me, I want to claim His glory. If God does the impossible in my life, I want to claim His grace. And if God redeems a wrong that has been forced on me, I want to claim His justice."

Alisa, I especially like the way you express this looking into life and seeing God in the many ways He meets us and satisfies us with who He is. Beautifully written.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home