This Page

has been moved to new address

Internet Cafe: A Mess in His Hands

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Internet Cafe: A Mess in His Hands

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

February 9, 2010

Internet Cafe: A Mess in His Hands


Have you ever seen the mess under your table after a full day of kid occupation and demolition? Gathering under your table are portions of pancake and bits of bacon from breakfast; glints of goldfish and hunks of ham from lunch; scattered salmon and messy mashed potatoes from dinner, and don’t even get me started on the ever accumulating pesky pieces of play dough, fragments of forgotten toys and determined debris from the yard.

You look at the mess under your table and become overwhelmed. “I just cleaned all this mess yesterday!” you think. Then, your mind begins its spiral into a dismal recount all of the housekeeping you do every second of the day – cooking, organizing, cleaning messes, picking up toys, changing diapers, doing laundry and that’s just the stuff you do at home!

I remember on one particular evening I finally cracked! I was so upset about the mess in the kitchen. It felt as though I looked away for one second and a tornado pointed its tricky finger down from ceiling, stirring the contents of my kitchen and brought it back up before I could see it. My mind started fuming, and I took a nose dive into my own pity party.

I angrily got the broom and started sweeping under the table. I filled my mind with all the little and seemingly insignificant things I do all day long. I questioned my purpose and the meaning of life, which at the time felt like was all about cleaning. I had no peace or joy, and I forgot all of the blessings God pours on me each day.

About one minute later my floor was clean (all that complaining for something that was so easy to do)! I walked over to the trashcan to dump out that day’s destruction, and I noticed how little the mess looked in the dustpan. I stared at the gathered garbage and laughed. I could hold all of it on the palm of my hand.

How could such a little mess cause me so much grief?

That’s when God gave me an important image. I know it sounds cliché, but I imagined all of my life’s problems in the palm of His hand, and they seemed small.

Everything is small compared to the power and love of God. If we give our lives over to Him, we are protected for eternity. Nothing can snatch us out of His hands. Though the messes of life – busyness, illness, divorce and death – surround us; we know that our Heavenly Father is holding them all in His mighty hand. He doesn’t promise that our lives will be easy; He simple promises that we will be able to persevere (James 1.12).

What messes are you dealing with today?

Do you trust that God holds them in His hand?

Will you determine your mind not to worry about situations that are out of your control? Let us praise God that we will be spending eternity in heaven with Him!

“Father, please help us to have faith that You truly have the whole world (including our messes) in Your mighty hands. Amen!”

“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them
out of my hand” (John 10.28 NIV).



You can also read this at the Internet Cafe!



Download your FREE copy of Sitting with God: A 40 Day Meditation

First Friday Fiction

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I use to obsess about the messes in my life....GOD has shown me over the years that I am wasting energy that would be far better spent on HIM than the mess!
Hugs, andrea

PS: Hard lesson for me...I am still a work in progress.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Dionna said...

Awesome analogy. :)

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome analogy! You have encouraged me!!!

Crissy

4:06 PM  
Blogger Karen Lange said...

I agree with Andrea on the work in progress thing!

I remember Legos under my kitchen table among all those other things that you mentioned:)
Blessings,
Karen

4:34 PM  
Blogger Bob West said...

Gifted writing skills
I enjoyed visiting your blog
God Bless
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/02/philippians-46-9-be-anxious-for-nothing.html

7:16 PM  
Blogger The Unknowngnome said...

And your hand in His hand writes very well. You are a faithful messenger. Thank you for passing on these words. :-)

12:07 AM  
Blogger HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Welcome to the Friday Follow. I'm your newest follower. So glad to have you with us. I'm way behind but here I am.

Tami
www.heartsmakefamilies.com

12:50 AM  
Blogger He & Me + 3 said...

I left you a comment on the other blog too. thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog today. I love meeting new blogger friends.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Moms Work at Home said...

I love how God helps me clean up the messes in my own life!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home