This Page

has been moved to new address

Internet Cafe: What Shall I Wear?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Internet Cafe: What Shall I Wear?

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

December 1, 2009

Internet Cafe: What Shall I Wear?

Early one morning, I stared into my closet and wondered what I should wear? I was about to pull one of my nice shirts off of the hanger, but I thought better of it. I didn't want to waste a nice shirt on a day that was a "just-get-it-over-with" kind of day.

"Today is not special," I thought. "I should just wear jeans and a t-shirt."

I put on the jeans and t-shirt and inspected myself in the mirror. I realized that I pretty much wear jeans and a t-shirt every day. As I stared at my reflection, God nicely connected my outward attire to my attitude. I had a negative attitude towards this day. I wanted to hurry up and get it out of the way. I had already made up my mind that this day would be unimportant and absolutely no fun. And judging from my hamper overflowing with t-shirts and jeans, I harbored that attitude a lot.

Although there is nothing wrong with wearing jeans and a t-shirt, God revealed an expectation and attitude I had about my days that needed to be readjusted. Every morning, I roll up my sleeves and plow through my day like a tractor on autopilot. I trudge along and miss most of the enjoyment because my expectations are low and my attitude is wrong.

Have you ever done that?

Have you ever thought to yourself, "If only I could get through this day, life would be better"?

God is teaching me that I need to change my attitude and expect great things every day. God is the master weaver of our days, and He does not waste a single one. None of our days drop under His radar; He has a divine appointment for us each and every day!

Now, I’m not saying that every day is going to be filled with rainbows and lollipops, but each day does serve a purpose. I think if we put our trust in God, we can find joy even in the hard times. God doesn’t waste a single heartache, conflict or tragedy. He cares about us and our days, and He wants us to be blessed.

If you are a Christian, you have the ultimate portal to joy — Jesus Christ! People are looking at us, and they are wondering why we are here on this earth. They want to see if Jesus makes a difference in our lives. They need to see our joy, especially during the mundane and hard times.

If we start tapping into the joy that is within us, we would have joy every where we go, no matter the circumstance! Once we get good at opening that joy, we can start sharing it with those around us. We can pass out God’s joy like it’s going out of style, and people will praise God because of it!

I am learning to put on a new attitude every morning, even if I still put on my jeans and t-shirt! What about you? How can you give your attitude a new wardrobe?

“This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118.24).

“Lord, help me to have an new attitude today. I want to live like each day has a grand purpose. I know that You do not waste a single moment in this vapor of a life. I pray this in Jesus’ name, Amen.”


You can also read this at the Internet Cafe.



Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Yes....I definitely need attitude work some days. Thank you for this post.
Blessings and prayers,
andrea

7:42 AM  
Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

Great devo! I have been wearing jammies all day long! Something needs to change!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Shauna Renee' said...

I also have had issues with my attitude. I think at some point we all do, and it's a lesson we frequently have to relearn. Thanks for your honesty, and am praying that you will find renewed energy for the tasks God has set for you to accomplish!
Have a blessed day, week, and holiday season,
Shauna

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sierra said...

I so needed this post right now, you have no idea. This is totally me right now. I have been on auto pilot without opening my eyes and taking things for granted. God has gifted me with so much! I am going to make an effort to be thankful when I rise and not have a woe is me attitude. Hope you had a lovely day! I love your new layout by the way.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, boy...our attitude can be a dangerous thing...thank God His mercies are new every morning...

Loved this..."He has a divine appointment for us each and every day"...amen!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,I love this! So very true, all of it.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Excellent post and excellent way of looking at our days! We would all do well to take your advice.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Nishant said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home