This Page

has been moved to new address

The Still Great Egret

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: The Still Great Egret

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

July 5, 2008

The Still Great Egret

http://www.waterlilies.org/photolog/corpus-christi/


I saw a Great Egret standing on
a post this dismal day.
~
His white feathers shown bright
against the grey and gloomy bay.
~
The wind circled around the post
taunting the Egret to sway.
~
But the Egret stood silent and
still, moving neither way.
~
The rain poked the quiet Egret,
but not a feather did stray.
~
I wondered why in a fierce squall,
the poor Egret would stay.
~
God whispered, "Stand strong the storm,
and my Glory I will display."
~
The sun squelched that vexing gale,
and the Egret soared away.
~


Dedicated to Cheryl and Doyle Grundy

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

Beautiful! You need to writing poems more often!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Cindy Faulkner said...

Alisa - You are a wondeful poet!

9:26 PM  
Blogger DeeDee said...

I love the new look!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Sohl Gal said...

I second Crissy's vote - more poetry. Your vocabulary is so varied; I love reading rich words.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

The most beautiful thing I have read in a long time..Brought tears to my eyes!! Thanks for sharing it!!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home