This Page

has been moved to new address

Severed Twin

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: Severed Twin

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

July 23, 2006

Severed Twin

Severed Twin

Snip of the cord, life
Floods your lungs. I
follow then minutes
Later. The Cord thick,
Strong grows from my
Chest, wraps like a
vine around your neck.
The knife remains clean
On the cold, sterile table.

The vine swells in me,
spreads and sprouts.
Circles your body, pushing
Limbs to match mine.
Moves you to my melody.

You rise in the chair;
Face smothered by over-
lapping layers. Only
My smile appears in
The tunnel of mirrors.
My cord falls tangled
With your auburn hair.
The scissors linger, bloody
On the cramped vanity.

Labels: