This Page

has been moved to new address

His Return Meditation

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith Imagined: His Return Meditation

Faith Imagined

Alisa Hope Wagner: Christian Writer

August 8, 2010

His Return Meditation

I imagine myself as a frail, old woman. It is dusk, and I'm walking outside amongst strangers along the street. I have nothing left of value. My money has been passed along to my kids and God's service. My youth and beauty have died long ago. My body is broken, and my five senses have faded. My mind is forgetful, and I can't keep a schedule. I can barely muster the energy to complete the daily tasks of living. I live each day longing for my Love's return.

I hear a scream, and see people running away in fear. I look to the heavens just in time to see the star sprinkled night sky rip in half. The black drape ripples like a blanket and falls on either side of the earth. All around me is the absence of darkness. I've could have never comprehended such light.

I feel the earth flatten and draw together; all the peoples of the earth now have a front row seat to the final show. From the sky's center stage, a man appears riding a winged horse. An expanse of angels stretch for miles to His left and right. The man wears many crowns, and on his thigh is written, "KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." His face is blazing fire, and His strength vibrates the earth.

I stare at the majesty of my Love. "Beautiful," I whisper. "More beautiful than I could ever imagine."

I offer my last confession: "Forgive me, Father. I did not describe Your beauty adequately with my words. I fell short of emulating Your glory with my life."

Around me a few people linger. They are the children of the Most High, and the Spirit of God in them affirms the time. They fall to their knees in despair. A man next to me pulls money out of his pockets, sacrificing it willingly. A woman in front of me eagerly offers up her beauty. Prestige, careers, children, fame, schedules, pleasures and worry are laid out on the footstool of the King, but it is too late. God had asked for their sacrifices, but they ignored His requests.

Thunderous praise steals my gaze back to the horizon, and my Love eases His horse on the earth. He has returned, and my heart is overwhelmed with joy. Yet...I have nothing left to offer Him. During my life, I gave Him everything He asked of me. He requested each thing I held dear -- my mind, my husband, my children, my career, my dreams, my time, my money -- and piece by piece, I handed my life over to His will.

I look to my Love. Would He remember that I gave Him all I had? Did I hear the Spirit's leading correctly? Have I lived the life that He desired for me? Does He know how much I love Him? The King walks toward me; His confidence causes the air around Him to shake. I open my aged arms wide. They are empty. I am empty. There is nothing left.

"Jesus, I am unworthy," I whisper. "But I love You. I love You. I love You." I can say no more.

Jesus gets on His knee before me, and He strokes the side of my wrinkled face. His smile radiates light, and His tears shimmer down His cheek.

He looks into my eyes and says, "I loved you first." He fills my empty arms with His glory, and my crumpled, old skin falls to the ground.


* I meditate on this image to remind myself of the meaning of life. My strength is renewed and my purpose is focused when I imagine Jesus returning for me. May we all have nothing left to give Him when He returns.


Labels: , , , , , ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I have an update on baby amden on arise 2 write.
Blessings,
andrea

8:06 PM  
Blogger Sr. Ann Marie said...

This is a beautiful reflection. Thank you.

8:33 PM  
Blogger From The Heart Online said...

Tears stream down my face now... what touched my heart most was,

"He requested each thing I held dear -- ... and piece by piece, I handed my life over to His will."

and

"May we all have nothing left to give Him when He returns"

AMEN!!!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger From The Heart Online said...

... linked to your post at my place btw. Thanks!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Alisa -

Thank you for a vivid description. You brought the soon-coming event to life.

Blessings,
Susan :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger MTJ said...

Hi Alisa,

What an awesome description of the coming Messiah!

" He has returned, and my heart is overwhelmed with joy. Yet...I have nothing left to offer Him...piece by piece, I handed my life over to His will." -- Yes! Giving it all to Jesus.

The questions raise pierce my heart: "Did I hear the Spirit's leading correctly? Have I lived the life that He desired for me?"

"He fills my empty arms with His glory..." -- Praise the name of the Lord, Almighty King and Savior.

Bless you my sister in Christ.

MTJ

9:42 PM  
Blogger Alleluiabelle said...

Oh my how you gripped my heart so as I read each word slowly and carefully. Can I get your permission to print this off for myself? It is absolutely beautiful and so descriptive as to how it will be.

You touched me deeply this night...to the very depth of my soul my friend and I thank you ever so much for taking to that place tonight, a place where we all will certainly be some day.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

11:11 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

A wonderful little story to meditate on. Thank you!

4:57 AM  
Blogger Leah Adams said...

Beautiful description of the return of our Lord. I cannot wait!! Come, Lord Jesus!!

Leah

4:58 AM  
Blogger May said...

I agree with MTJ, a awesome description of the coming of Our Heavenly Father....May we be ready for your return.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Do love the way, you see yourself. The best is the description of Jesus, returning for us! Great post
kim

1:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, tears and chills...I could see this unfold...the final description...did me in...

"He looks into my eyes and says, "I loved you first." He fills my empty arms with His glory, and my crumpled, old skin falls to the ground. "...glory to God!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Beth Herring said...

oh, Alisa. this just leaves me breathless. You are such an amazing writer and such a great example of a godly woman.

thank you for always supporting me!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Wow! Thank you for sharing this. I needed it today. :)

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

11:43 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Ah, Alisa...tears flow and breath stops as I read your story...amazing.
Thank you,
Connie

9:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen and Amen to this! I have no words to add, only tears!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Karen Lange said...

Enjoyed reading this; you have such a way with words, truly. You are a blessing!
Blessings,
Karen

2:08 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

This was wonderful!

:)
Rachel

2:21 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Alisa, your Holy Spirit inspired words always leave such an imprint on my heart. This was beautiful, and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for fulfilling Gods will with your writing.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Together We Save said...

that was such a beatuiful post!! Thank you for sharing.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Shauna Renee' said...

My words are insufficient...you are a blessed woman! This is such a timely post. Thank you.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This is beautifully written.
We went over this part of Revelation in Sunday School this morning.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I just linked to this on my blog today. http://www.danceandbeglad.com/2010/09/sunday-meditation-for-you-from-faith.html
AMEN!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Warren Baldwin said...

Linked here from Leah's blog. Your writing is appreciated by a lot of people. I thank you for the guest post up on my blog right now. It is very good. I'm glad you are using such a great gift for the kingdom. God bless.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Farris said...

Visiting from Leah's blog as well. Beautiful post. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Reminds me of a fairy tale - but the promise is so real!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home